Thursday, March 12, 2009

First Sunburn of the Year...

Well Ladies and Gents on Monday I was so excited that the weather was in the upper 70s and the sun was out! It was a nice welcome to our little family. I decided there was no need to be couped up in the house to do our homeschooling math work. So I drug the kids outside and had Hannah grab the chalk and we did math problems on the driveway. Then I let the kids play. We were only out there for about an hour...when we came back in for nap time I noticed that my skin was starting to hurt! Could this be? Did I get a sunburn? Oh you bet ya I did! As the day continued on I was going from white, to pink, to lobster red! From my shoulders to the tops of my hands, the v-shape on my neck, my forehead and nose, and from my knees to my ankles I was burnt! Moral of the story....It is Thursday and I still hurt! No matter how long you are going to be in the sun please put on sunblock! I learned the hard way according to my 7 and 4 year old who done nothing but remind me of this all week! But at least I can say I got the first sunburn of the year out of the way! ....I am trying to be positive! =) I would love to post some pics of my sunburn but I just haven't gotten around to documenting in photos my humiliation!

No comments: