Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Amazing isn't it?

Doesn't it just amaze you how fast a child grows in just a few short years?

We bring home a new baby with hope and anticipations of who they are and who they will become. We love to hold them and feed them. We get excited when they get their first tooth or when they start reaching all those milestones. Sometimes it seems like we hurry them through each of those milestones...I have come to realize after having my fourth child that I find myself saying stop, wait, no don't grow so fast. Hunter is already 4 months and moving right along and I have enjoyed each of those milestones he is hit but at the same time I know each stage doesn't last long and I want to savor it as much as possible.

Lucas, my first son, my how you have grown. Such a sweet natured little baby to such a big boy!
Here he is just a few weeks old, so tiny and new.
Here he is soon to be three in February...


He went from tiny babe to a potty training big boy who likes to: hug and kiss...sing Jesus Loves Me...talk to everyone...wave to everyone...just full of personality...slow to boil but when he does watch out! I can only hope and pray for him as he grows that he will continue to have such a loving spirit and that he will come to know Jesus and share Him with that loving spirit.

Some good friends of mine, Sandy & Diane, threw me a baby shower while I was pregnant with my second son, Hunter. They gave me a book "Bless your Children Every Day" by Dr. Mary Ruth Swope. The book is a compilation of blessings which the author put together as she blessed her grandson. I have enjoyed reading the blessings and using them to bless my own children in the different areas of their lives. What I enjoy most about this book is that there are scripture references to go along with the blessings.

So today I will write the blessing from the book that I prayed for my son Lucas today and maybe it might just encourage you to pray and bless your own children and grandchildren.

"In the Name of Jesus Christ: I bless you with the deep desire to love God with all your heart and with the will and the ability to do so all the days of your life. I bless you, too, with the deep desire to love both your parents with true affection for as long as you live. Loving God first and your parents next will undoubtedly lead to your loving yourself and your neighbors as yourself. I bless you with this kind of love. I bless you with the understanding to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ for you. Today I flood you with the knowledge of how precious you are to God, to your family, and to your friends. Exodus 20:12, Deuteronomy 6:5; 10:12, John 3:16;15:10, Ephesians 3:17-19, Romans 8:38-39"

No comments: